CM 10.10 Update

madcat1030

Re: CM 10.10 Update

Postby madcat1030 » 12 Jan 2010, 06:47

Since this is in fact my first time playing through ANY FFCM version, I just wanted to point out that "Our Benefactors" = fail. Walking out of the sewer and looking up, the citadel was clearly disconnected at the skybox. Like... uber-clearly. The citadel was a mile or so beHIND the base. I have a screenshot. Please tell me this is just me.

And the train in the first man-track-system makes all its sounds, but stays frozen just barely in the fog.

there is one place where FF says he had to leave out trains as he could not get them to work properly - it's in his release notes ( if not in release notes for CM10 then it's in release notes for earlier versions.

the other bug could be new i.e. not present in 10.02

sevlagoth

Postby sevlagoth » 13 Jan 2010, 22:19

I installed like this:

CM v10 Final
CM v10.02 update
CM v10.10 update
copied the missing files

Works great.

I noticed the mossman kind of glow hands. The texture is applied after coying the missing files though, but there's something wrong with her hands.
"Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder."

ourserrateddust

Postby ourserrateddust » 23 Jan 2010, 09:06

For those of you who got everything set up and working, are you too experiencing some missing textures throughout the game?

I'm just not sure how to fix this. Is there a manual way to fix missing textures? Is there a fix for this?

Valerys

Postby Valerys » 05 Feb 2010, 16:33

It works just well for me.
But I just reached the Coast level and it is too dark, I can't see a damn thing. If it would the first time you play the game, I think you would uninstall it imediately when reaching this level. :|
I didn't put the missing files and Mossman doesn't have any problem: no missing hands, no glowing hands. I used the default model that comes with Cinematic Mod.

cybmole
Global Mod

Postby cybmole » 06 Feb 2010, 09:23

Valerys wrote:It works just well for me.
But I just reached the Coast level and it is too dark, I can't see a damn thing. If it would the first time you play the game, I think you would uninstall it imediately when reaching this level. :|
I didn't put the missing files and Mossman doesn't have any problem: no missing hands, no glowing hands. I used the default model that comes with Cinematic Mod.

just up the brightness ( gamma slider in graphics options) - I needed to put slider fully to left.
if it is still too dark then use the config advice in FF read-me file- the CM10.0 installer should have palced this on your HD.

i think the "dark" level is aimed at experienced users - I fould it trick even though I'd already played this level in "daylight" !. it's well done though, the "world" even gradually gers lighter as you progress through the level into dawn!

Valerys

Postby Valerys » 06 Feb 2010, 12:23

cybmole wrote:just up the brightness ( gamma slider in graphics options) - I needed to put slider fully to left.
if it is still too dark then use the config advice in FF read-me file- the CM10.0 installer should have palced this on your HD.

i think the "dark" level is aimed at experienced users - I fould it trick even though I'd already played this level in "daylight" !. it's well done though, the "world" even gradually gers lighter as you progress through the level into dawn!

I finished it without increasing the light, I was trying to say that if it is the first time you play this level, you will have a hard time finding the path. The real problem was that this level stuttered a lot at the beggining and even gave an Out of memory error, but after restarting computer it worked fine (my fault, I am using Windows 7 with 2gb of ram ;|) ).
I finished the original Half Life 2 with cinematic mod 10.10 without running into any more issues. Actually, it crashed just when from Entanglement to Anticitizen One.

Jodeth

Postby Jodeth » 08 Feb 2010, 13:50

Okay.. it installed like this:
CM v10 Final
CM v10.02
CM v10.10 + missing files

There was no nighttime at the coast. just a foggy day. i played entirely through Ravenholm all the way to the buggy to make sure it wasn't using old level configs n stuff. I read on FF's site that you can choose daytime by going in the "daytime" folder in "hl2" but it's not in there. V70 HD models aren't in Character Pimper either. wtf? 0_o Steam wasn't running during installation. Updating to 10.30 right now.

EDIT: 10.30 made no difference. -__-' guess i'll uninstall it, redownload v10 and install from scratch.

cybmole
Global Mod

Postby cybmole » 08 Feb 2010, 17:34

Jodeth wrote:Okay.. it installed like this:
CM v10 Final
CM v10.02

There was no nighttime at the coast. just a foggy day. i played entirely through Ravenholm all the way to the buggy to make sure it wasn't using old level configs n stuff. I read on FF's site that you can choose daytime by going in the "daytime" folder in "hl2" but it's not in there. V70 HD models aren't in Character Pimper either. wtf? 0_o Steam wasn't running during installation. Updating to 10.30 right now.

EDIT: 10.30 made no difference. -__-' guess i'll uninstall it, redownload v10 and install from scratch.

were the graveyard areas in ravenholm dark - they shoud have been as that's where night time changes start . were other new FF effects present - like ironsights ?

jus to check the obvious - you do have original EP1 & EP2 installed, you did install 10 Full not 10LE , and started game with CM10 shortcut, not original HL2 shortcut?

Jodeth

Postby Jodeth » 09 Feb 2010, 06:01

cybmole wrote:
Jodeth wrote:Okay.. it installed like this:
CM v10 Final
CM v10.02

were the graveyard areas in ravenholm dark - they shoud have been as that's where night time changes start . were other new FF effects present - like ironsights ?

jus to check the obvious - you do have original EP1 & EP2 installed, you did install 10 Full not 10LE , and started game with CM10 shortcut, not original HL2 shortcut?

Everything is fixed now. Coast is nighttime, ironsights are working and are so awesome. I think the problem was that I originally installed CM10 using my 32-bit and installing updates on 64-bit confused the installer. Reason why is cuz I found the CinematicMod folder directly in C:/ ...and it was 17.7 GBs. There was the same folder in SteamApps folder, was 10.0 GBs. So the whole time I was wasting 6.2 GBs. Thanks for the reply.

btw, could it be possible for FF to tweak the AI a bit so the combine wont spot you at night like it's daytime? It would add realism for sure. Wait... how're you suppose to know that?! :P

cybmole
Global Mod

Postby cybmole » 09 Feb 2010, 08:32

Jodeth wrote:
cybmole wrote:
Jodeth wrote:.

btw, could it be possible for FF to tweak the AI a bit so the combine wont spot you at night like it's daytime? It would add realism for sure. Wait... how're you suppose to know that?! :P

glad you solved the install issue & took the time to explain what had gone wrong.

re the difficulty - maybe those new combine outfits have nightvision goggles ;)

Return to “Cinematic Mod 10”